Friday, October 1, 2010

Leeway - Born To Expire/Desperate Measures






In 1989 I wasn't bedroom moshing to Born To Expire (I was only eight years old), I was most likely listening to the Cocktails soundtrack in the basement while playing with Legos. If you're like me, and most of the people in my age bracket, then you came to know Leeway from the Another Planet Records reissues from the 90's (and if you have hundreds of dollars you can still get these albums as well as re-issues from Murphy's Law and The Cro-Mags). Anyway, Leeway play fucking rad crossover thrash that is equal parts Suicidal Tendencies and Sick Of It All. Guitarist A.J. Novello is one serious riff factory who also went on to produce albums from Merauder, Skarhead and Crown Of Thorns.

1 comment:

  1. I love this record. I'm selling the rare and out of print copy of the Leeway Born to Expire / Desperate Measures 2 records on 1 CD that Another Planet put out years ago. It's part of a larger lot that includes lots of NYHC rarities - http://is.gd/M9oMV4

    ReplyDelete